The Faculty of Graduate Studies at Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) offers high quality academic programs. Our programs are designed to qualify students for careers in the private and governmental sectors that require solid analytical and quantitative skills. The Faculty of Graduate Studies leads in graduate’s education, developing professional and leaders in all sectors for regional, national and global competitiveness.
Our Graduates demonstrate high degree of knowledge and skills in their selected majors. Our academic staff conduct research in applied sciences, health sciences, medicine, dentistry, nursing, engineering and agriculture. In addition, our faculty provide the students the opportunities to gain experience by working in laboratories and clinics at the university.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies is entrusted with setting the rules and regulations related to graduate programs and pursuing the implementation of these regulations. The council of Graduate Studies is responsible for supervising and critically evaluating the existing programs. Furthermore, the Dean's office is in charge of following up the relevant graduate programs in coordination with the dean regarding the implementation of the graduate studies rules and regulations, managing the funds allocated to graduate students and monitoring the academic progress of graduate students.
Advice For Our Graduate Students
Graduate students should consider the following:
1. Advisor-Student Relationship
2. Performing Research
- Research takes time, so you have to prepare yourself to spend long hours designing and performing experiments, analyzing your data and writing your thesis.
- Read the literature to obtain background for your research topic.
- Perform the research. The advisor will not tell you every step to make. The advisor will only direct the general research direction.
- If you encounter a problem in your research try to figure it out by yourself. Try approaching the problem from different directions.
- If you cannot find success, schedule a meeting with your advisor, be sure to have specific questions prepared.
3. What should I do in order to graduate?
Each master student will need to accomplish the following before graduating.
- Complete 34 credit hours for MSc students.
- Write and defend a thesis in accordance with department and faculty of graduate studies regulations (Thesis Track).
- Pass the comprehensive exam (Comprehensive Exam Track).