Director, Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects
Welcome to the Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects
The Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects was established at Jordan University of Science and Technology to provide the appropriate, technical environment to support and sponsor innovators from both the university and local community.
The center has a range of facilities and services to support and sponsor innovative people; develop their skills and innovativeness--starting from creating the initial product; passing on to the service model; and finally the establishment and the commercial launch of small businesses.
The Technical Incubator provides the necessary technical support to design and build prototypes of products and services.
The Training Department develops the personal, technical, and entrepreneurial skills of the innovators. The Marketing Department, on the other hand, promotes products and services; attracts customers and investors. The Technology Transfer Office, however, is largely concerned with the protection of intellectual property rights by documenting innovative ideas, registering patents, and managing them.
The Center also sponsors and supports pioneering and creative initiatives that benefit the university and the local community; or contribute to solving social, economic, academic, and health problems.
Goal of the Center
The Center aims to achieve sustainable development by providing the appropriate technical environment and supporting creativity and in various industrial and service fields. And, furthermore, developing preliminary models for products that can be manufactured and marketed; or innovating services by incubating them as emerging companies that would later turn into small, independent, and productive companies thereby supporting the national economy by transforming into a knowledge-based economy in multiple, productive disciplines.
The vision of the Center is to become a hub for creativity, innovation, and excellence. The Center also aims to be a driven source for knowledge-based economy, and a fertile ground for nurturing future industry leaders and intrepid entrepreneurs.
The Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects was established to support innovative and creative ideas, projects, and initiatives both in the university and the local community; and to provide the appropriate environment to convert them into commercial products and services that contribute to the sustainable development of the national economy.
- Inculcating and disseminating the culture of excellence in creativity, Innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership in the university and the larger society.
- Encouraging prospective entrepreneurs to unleash their creative potential by embracing and providing them with the necessary tools and support to develop their products through startups initiatives within the university.
- Nurturing and training specialized human resources in the field of innovation-based startups development with a focus on science and technology knowledge.
- Protecting the intellectual property rights by registering, managing, and commercializing patents through the Technology Transfer Office.
- Enhancing the relationship between the university, the industries, and the private sector, and working towards attracting investment capital to finance the production and marketing of innovative products for startups and independent companies.
- Strengthening the relationship with similar national and international centers and institutions, and participating in national and international entrepreneurship projects.
- Contributing in supporting education and training activities; and exploring talents and innovative potentials to achieve outstanding performance for entrepreneurs and innovative individuals nationwide.
- Supporting and sponsoring all educational, training, and research activities capable of leading to products that can be manufactured and commercialized, and thus providing excellent technical services for their development.